HPC ELITETRACK Gold Medal Track Clinic [DVD]The HPC ELITETRACK Gold Medal Track Clinic is a 2-disc DVD set that presents the eight sessions of the ELITETRACK Gold Medal Track Clinic that was conducted at the 2008 Olympic Trials in Eugene, OR. This DVD set features the best and the brightest in sports science and track and field including coaching legends Dan Pfaff and Tom Tellez. The breadth of information is incredible and very high level. The set is a great value at only $99.95 for more than six hours of information, ideas, and insights, including:
Among the topics covered:
- "I Can Do It in Practice, But Not in Competition"—Motor Learning Explanations and Concepts (Will Wu)
- Block Starts and Acceleration Mechanics (Tom Tellez)
- Penultimate and Takeoff Mechanics in the Long Jump (Tom Tellez)
- Maximizing Competition Performance: The Warm-Up and Post-Activation Potentiation (Larry Judge)
- Eccentric Strength Development: Specific Means for Specific Strength for the Jumps (Dave Kerin)
- When Plateauing Is a Good Thing: Extending Peak Performance During the Competitive Phase (Mike Young)
- Competition-Phase Micro-Cycles for the Elite Pole-Vaulter (Dan Pfaff)
- Practice Variability: A Framework for Coaches (Will Wu)
Larry Judge, Ph.D., is one of the premier throws coaches in the country.
Dave Kerin is the chair of the USATF Women’s High Jump, Coaching Education Level I and Level II (jumping events) Committee.
Dan Pfaff is the field event coach at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, California.
Tom Tellez is one of the most renowned track and field coaches in the history of the sport.
Will Wu, Ph.D., is the director of skill acquisition for Human Performance Consulting.
Mike Young, Ph.D., is the director of sports performance for Human Performance Consulting.